BACHELORS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (INDUSTRY INTEGRATED
ABOUT THE COURSE
Path Breaking Education System
After extensive deliberations and discussions with the industry, students and their parents, Maharishi Dayanand University conceptualized a unique and innovative 3-Year full-time regular Bachelors programme in Business Administration – (Industry Integrated). This programme is aimed at developing management skills, job knowledge and hard-core experience to handle dynamic business situations.
Conventional Educational System
The conventional education system in India has produced highly educated human capital primarily with theoretical knowledge. The GAPS observed by the Industry in the present education system are: –
- Virtually nil Industry alliance and practical training at undergraduate level
- Non-supplementing theoretical inputs with practical exposure
- Lack of Industry orientation
The above GAPS lead to lower Industry acceptability and employment opportunities for fresh graduates.
The missing link between the educational system and the Industry aspirations are: –
- Integration of Industry is required with learning programmes
- Bring the Industry closer to the students to impart practical training
This programme is a judicious blend of the various aspects included in all functional areas of the management and is offered for the first time in the country as the following degrees:
BBA (Industry Integrated): Sales and Marketing
BBA (Industry Integrated): Financial Services and Banking
BBA (Industry Integrated): Insurance
BBA (Industry Integrated): Information Technology
BBA (Industry Integrated): Entrepreneurship
Programme graduates would have a 3-Year work experience along with a regular University degree.
Successful 10+2 students or equivalent with minimum 50% marks in aggregate from a Board of Education recognized by the University, are eligible for enrollment to this course (for students of SC / ST categories, the minimum pass marks are required)
Students who have cleared their 10+2 exams with minimum 50% marks in aggregate, from a recognized board of education or an equivalent examination recognized by the University, are eligible for enrollment to this course (for students of SC / ST categories, the minimum pass marks are desirable). Enrolled students will be admitted to the programme after successful interview by the Training Industry.
- Students will be interviewed and short listed by reputed Industry or Corporate for admissions.
- Selected students will undergo 3-Year on-the-job training in leading Industry / Corporate
- Industry will pay monthly stipend to the students as per the University norms
- Regular Classroom sessions will be held in Institutes / Colleges of repute approved by the University
- University, Institute and the Industry / Corporate will evaluate the student’s performance jointly.
This programme offers not only quality education but also a never before opportunity to the students to learn work in the Industry and gain invaluable experiences.
This programme has consciously adopted the Industry Integrated pattern of education so as to equip the students with the requisite skills-set to meet the Industry requirements. The students would work in the Industry / Corporate for 3-4 days a week and simultaneously would attend flexi-time theoretical classroom sessions, for minimum 18-hrs a week, which is mandatory. The programme would run under semester system. Each semester would conclude with an examination, conducted by the University. The Industry evaluation of the students will be incorporated in the final degree award.
The advantages of this programme are: –
- Evaluation and validated by Industry and Management Practitioners
- Focus on developing and strengthening knowledge and skills as required by the Industry
- Industry and Educational Institutions join hand to bring out a quality work force.
THE PATH AHEAD
BBA – II graduates have a wide choice of career option in various corporates and this degree will be a valuable qualification to hake up a promising future. Those scholar who wish to pursue their post graduation quest of knowledge, can do so either in India or Abroad.